San Miguel Corporation PSE Listed Subsidiaries
July 15, 2011 Leave a comment
San Miguel Corporation.
It all starts in food and beverage business. San Miguel created a formidable brand name in the beer business.(I think every Filipinos knows San Miguel Beer). Actually, its beer business was the South East Asia first brewery.
In the recent years San Miguel Corporation realized that it needs to invest in a fast growing sector in order to maintain a higher return on equity. While maintaining their beer business, SMC diversified and felt its presence on the property, mining and oil, power generation, infrastructure, telecommunication and banking.
From a conservative food and beverage business, SMC transformed into a highly diversified conglomerates.
Below are the SMC listed subsidiaries and their Market Capitalization as of July15,2011.
1. Ticker : SMB (San Miguel Brewery) – 463Billion php
- It’s a no contest when it comes to beer business. San Miguel Beer tops them all.
2. Ticker : PF (San Miguel Pure Foods) – 150Billion php
- PF holds several food brands in its portfolio, among them, Magnolia, Pure Foods, Monterey, Star, Dari Creme, B-Meg, and JellYace.
3. Ticker : PCOR (Petron Corp.) – 150Billion php
- Principal business involves the refining of crude oil and the marketing and distribution of refined petroleum products, mainly for the domestic market.
4. Ticker : SMP (San Miguel Properties) – 73Billion php
- Engage in real estate and property development.
5. Ticker : GSMI (Ginebra San Miguel) – 8.5Billion php
- Produce hard liquor products (gin).
6. Ticker : LIB (Liberty Telecoms Holdings) – 4.7Billion php
- Provides telecommunications services that range from nationwide telephone service to data communications, inter-exchange carrier services and international voice and data connectivity services.
Source : PSE