Banks Listed in PSE (Philippine Stock Exchange)
I have made a list of banks listed in the Philippine Stock Exchange and ranked them based on their Market Capitalization as of July 20, 2011.
- Bank of the Philippine Island (Ticker : BPI — Market Cap : 210billion php)
- With a total of 809 Branches as of Dec2010. The Company’s principal subsidiaries are composed of BPI Family Savings Bank, Inc., BPI Capital Corporation, BPI Leasing Corporation, BPI Direct Savings Bank, BPI International Finance Limited, Hong Kong, BPI Express Remittance Corporation, Bank of the Philippine Island (Europe) Plc, Ayala Plans, Inc., and BPI/MS Insurance Corporation.
- Ayala controlled and managed bank.
- Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company (Ticker : MBT — Market Cap : 166billion php)
- With a total of 572 branches as of Dec2010. MBT’s principal business activities involve borrowing and lending, trade finance, remittances, treasury, investment banking, and thrift banking. The Company’s customer base covers a cross section of the top Philippine corporate market, but has always been particularly strong in the middle market corporate sector of the economy, a significant portion of which consists of Filipino-Chinese business. MBT is also a major participant in the foreign exchange market in the Philippines, and is accredited by the BSP as a government securities dealer. MBT provides investment banking services through First Metro Investment Corporation and retail banking through Philippine Savings Bank.
- Banco de Oro (Ticker : BDO — Market Cap : 154billion php)
- With a total of 726 branches as of Dec2010. BDO’s diverse subsidiaries and investments in allied undertakings provide an extensive range of banking and other financial services. The Company’s subsidiaries are as follows: BDO Private Bank, Inc., BDO Strategic Holdings, Inc., BDO Leasing and Finance, Inc., BDO Elite Savings Bank, Inc., EBC Strategic Holdings Corporation, BDO Capital & Investment Corporation, BDO Technology Center, Inc., Equimark – NFC Development Corp., PCIB Securities, Inc., PCIB Securities, Inc., PCI Reality Corporation, BDO Insurance Brokers, Inc., PCI Insurance Brokers, Inc., PCI Express Padala (HK) Ltd., PCIB Europe, S.P.A., Express Padala HK Ltd., BDO Remittance (USA), Inc., Express Padala Frankfurt GmbH, Equitable PCI Express Padala (Nederland)B.V.
- Sy Family controlled bank.
- China Banking Corporation (Ticker : CHIB — Market Cap : 47billion php)
- With a total of 269 branches as of Dec2010. China Bank’s main businesses include corporate and SME lending, retail loans including mortgage and auto loans, treasury and foreign exchange trading, trust and investment management, wealth management, cash management, insurance products through wholly-owned subsidiary China Bank Insurance Brokers, Inc. (CIB) & Manulife China Bank Life Assurance Corp. (MCB Life), internet banking and mobile banking services and inward remittances through tie-ups with remittance companies and exchange houses in the Middle East, Asia and major US cities.
- Sy Family controlled bank.
- Security Bank Corporation (Ticker : SECB — Market Cap : 44billion php)
- With a total of 130 branches as of Dec2010. SECB has investments in financing and leasing, foreign exchange brokerage, stock brokerage, investment banking and asset management through its wholly-owned subsidiaries as well as partial interests in a realty company. The Company’s principal business activities are organized into commercial and retail banking segment, corporate and investment banking segment, and treasury segment.
- Union Bank of the Philippines (Ticker : UBP — Market Cap : 39billion php)
- UBP’s subsidiaries consist of Union DataCorp, Union Properties, Inc., First Union Plans, Inc., First Union Direct Corporation, UBP Securities, Inc., UnionBank Currency Brokers Corporation, UBP Insurance Brokers, Inc., and Interventure Capital Corporation. These subsidiaries are involved in businesses such as data processing, real estate administration, pre-need, financial products marketing, securities, foreign currency and insurance brokerages, and venture capital.
- Aboitiz controlled bank.
- Philippine National Bank (Ticker : PNB — Market Cap : 39billion php)
- PNB provides a full range of banking and other financial services to corporate, middle-market, small-medium enterprises and retail customers, as well as the national government, government agencies, local government units and government-owned and controlled corporations. PNB’s principal commercial banking activities include deposit-taking, lending, trade financing, bills discounting, fund transfers/remittance servicing, asset management, treasury operations, and comprehensive trust and retail banking services.
- Lucio Tan led bank.
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (Ticker : RCB — Market Cap : 29billion php)
- With a total of 357 branches as of Dec2010. As a universal bank, RCB is engaged in all aspects of banking. It provides products and services related to traditional loans and deposits, trade finance, domestic and foreign fund transfers or remittance, cash management, treasury, and trust and custodianship services. The Company also enters into forward currency contracts as an accommodation to its clients and as a means of managing its foreign exchange exposures. RCB and its subsidiaries are also engaged in all aspects of traditional banking, investment banking, retail financing, leasing, and stock brokering. Additionally, through its universal banking license, RCB is allowed to perform a number of expanded commercial and investment functions and to invest in the equity of a variety of allied and non-allied financial and non-financial undertakings.
- Yuchengco controlled bank.
- Philippine Savings Bank (Ticker : PSB — Market Cap : 16billion php)
- With a total of 180 branches as of Dec2010. Philippine Savings Bank (PSB) was incorporated on June 30, 1959 to primarily engage in savings and mortgage banking. In 1983, Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company acquired majority share in PSB, and in 2004 further increased its shareholdings to the present level of 75.98%. In 1991, the Company was authorized to perform trust functions, and in 1995, was granted quasi-banking license.
- A subsidiary of Metrobank.
- Philippine Bank of Communication (Ticker : PBC — Market Cap : 5.7billion php)
- With a total of 64 branches as of Dec2010. PBC offers a wide range of products and services to clients. These include basic commercial banking services such as deposit products, Treasury and foreign exchange trading, trade-related services, credit and loan facilities, trust and investment management services.
Source : PSE (http://www.pse.com.ph/)